full antenatal hypnobirthing course
Our signature antenatal course is a 13-hour intense course covering pregnancy, birth and postnatal care.
This course, run by our birth coach Faye, will give you access to everything you will need to boss your birth. You will gain knowledge around how your body works during labour and birth, an array of hypnobirthing tools and techniques to use plus empowering support along the way that leaves you feeling in awe of yourself.
You will learn how to navigate maternity systems, with your birth rights at the forefront of every decision you make. The course is packed full of information that will support you and your chosen birth partner to prepare together towards a positive and empowered birth.
Held at Do It Like a Mother HQ, 861 London Road, Westcliff, SS0 9SZ OR Zoom (you choose!).
DUE TO THE CHANGING NATURE OF GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID-19, IF FOR ANY REASON WE’RE UNABLE TO RUN THE CLASS FACE TO FACE YOUR BOOKING WILL BE MOVED TO THE ONLINE VERSION. THE OPTION FOR A REFUND OR TO POSTPONE YOUR BOOKING WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Saturday 10th & Saturday 17th October
(Perfect if you’re due in December, January, February)
Sunday 8th & Sunday 22nd November
(Perfect if you’re due in January, February, March)
Sunday 6th & Sunday 20th December
(Perfect if you’re due in February, March, April)
COURSES RUN 9AM-3PM, WITH BREAKS.
The Science Bit
- Our brain, evolution and how our perception of birth has changed.
- Common preconceptions around birth
- How the uterus works
- Breathing technique practice
- Hormones of labour
- Language and its impact
- The importance of relaxation
THE 'HYPNO' BIT & POWER OF THE BIRTH PARTNER
- A bit more about the brain, and the mind body connection
- Visualisations & affirmations as a tool for birth
- Importance of the birthing environment
- Creating your dream birthing partner/team
- Language in the birth space
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES & PREPARATION FOR LABOUR
- What are special circumstances?
- Navigating the unexpected
- Informed choice and consent
- Birth rights- you ARE ALWAYS allowed
- Making informed decisions
- Your EDD – what does this date really mean?
- Induction of labour
THE ‘BIRTH BIT’ & BEYOND
- Optimal positioning and physical prep for birth
- The stages of labour
- Birth positions and active labour
- Meeting your baby
- The golden hour
- Preparing for the fourth trimester
- Birth preferences
Faye is our full, 13-hour group antenatal class teacher. Here’s her explaining what to expect when you go into labour.
- Ongoing support up until the birth of your baby
- An online resource hub to support the course
- Do It Like A Mother MP3s to support the course
- A WhatsApp support group to ask me anything you like while you wait for baby’s arrival, share encouraging words & get to know each other more (optional)
- Postnatal group catch up (optional)
- Online support via the DILAM Facebook community
- Discounts for other DILAM sessions