Do It Like a Kid
From pre-school to primary school education, whether homeschooling or traditional schooling, we've got you covered.
Do It Like A Kid offers a holistic approach to education, with hands-on learning in a nurturing, child-orientated space. High quality teaching is accompanied by a vast array of experiences to build confidence, make friends and, most importantly, have fun.
Join one of our many clubs, workshops or online courses below or email email@example.com for more information.
face-to-face phonics workshop
Led by an experienced primary school teacher, join us for a phonics masterclass. You’ll leave with all the information and resources you need to help your child with phonics at home.
Venue: Do It Like a Mother HQ, 861 London Road, Westcliff, Essex, SS0 9SZ
DUE TO THE CHANGING NATURE OF GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID-19, IF FOR ANY REASON WE’RE UNABLE TO RUN THE CLASS FACE TO FACE YOUR BOOKING WILL BE MOVED TO THE ONLINE VERSION. THE OPTION FOR A REFUND OR TO POSTPONE YOUR BOOKING WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Do IT Like a Kid phonics online course
It can be a bit daunting when you have a preschooler, or a little one just starting school, and all of a sudden there’s a whole new way of learning to read.
The Phonics Masterclass can be accessed in your own time, at your own pace, and will empower you to understand all the phonics jargon you need to know, in bitesize chunks. It is jam-packed with resources such as sound mats and activities for you to try with your little one.
Learning consultations are the ideal way to support your primary school aged child. With expert advice from an experienced teacher, you will feel empowered to support them with their learning at home and school.
Why might you want a learning consultation?
- To gain an accurate teacher assessment of your child’s attainment and their next steps in learning
- To discover how to stretch a child who isn’t finding schoolwork challenging enough
- To ignite a love for learning in child who is reluctant or unhappy at school
- To build confidence in a particular area of learning
- To address or advise on specific learning needs
What does a learning consultation include?
- Initial phone call to discuss any concerns you may have about your child’s education, to find out relevant history and chat about their personality and interests
- 1-1 assessment of child in own home or at HQ
- Advice consultation with family, including mini tutorials on how to address the next steps for learning
- Personalised ‘Next Steps to Learning’ pack, full of ideas, activities and resources
- Follow up emails to offer further advice and answer questions