Covid Secure Policy
Last updated: 10th July 2020
This policy covers the essential guidelines for class attendees and users of Do It Like A Mother HQ that should be followed during the coronavirus outbreak.
By attending a class at Do It Like a Mother HQ, you are agreeing to abide by these guidelines and will not hold us responsible if either you or a member of your family develops any symptoms of Covid-19.
PPE Equipment available
Do It Like a Mother will provide:
- Face Masks
- Hand Sanitiser
- Antibacterial spray for worksurfaces, mats, furniture
- Non-silicone gloves
- Antibacterial hand wash
- Paper hand towels and dispenser in bathroom area
- Foot operated lidded bins for paper towel disposal
- Floor signs where queuing is necessary and to ensure distancing during workshops and classes
- Signage at hand sanitising opportunities
- A hand washing station at the front door before entering the venue
Cleaning of the Venue
Do It Like a Mother HQ will be deep-cleaned twice a week by Covid-Safe registered cleaners. Their responsibilities will be:
- To sanitise all furniture
- To sanitise all floors
- To sanitise toilets
- To sanitise all areas of the kitchen
- To sanitise all worksurfaces
- To sanitise all touch points
The venue will also be cleaned before and after every class taking place. We are only allowing a MAXIMUM of one class per day until further notice so we are able to thoroughly clean the space before and after.
Capacity of the Venue
Based on the size of the venue, capacity is 12 people over 6 distanced spaces, (each space can be made up of two adults from one household OR one adult and one child from one household OR six individual adults) plus one teacher and two members of management at any time.
This means the total capacity of the venue is 15.
However, the management members of staff will not be permitted to be in the main studio at the same time as the class attendees and teacher.
Class Attendee Responsibilities
All class attendees MUST:
- NOT attend a booked class if you develop symptoms compatible with Coronavirus (COVID-19) – a new and continuous cough, high temperature, a loss or change in your sense of smell or taste.
- NOT attend if you have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for or shown symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to attendance.
- In the case of non-attendance due to COVID-19 you must contact us BEFORE the start of the class via email@example.com to move to the online version where available, request a refund or to rebook your class for a later date at no additional cost.
- Sanitise your hands on entering the venue and when leaving the venue.
- Wash your hands (following the 20-second hand-washing rule) or sanitise your hands if you go to the toilet at any time and before eating any food you may have brought with you. Do not share food with other class participants if you are not from the same household.
- Wear a face mask when appropriate and a 2 meter distance can’t be maintained.
- Bring your own equipment if required for the class (including mats, towels, blankets, toys) but these should not be shared with participants if you are not from the same household. Please use the antibacterial spray provided to clean these items.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitise hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with hands to prevent getting infected
- If you develop Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days of visiting Do It Like a Mother HQ, you must advise us and shall permit us to tell others who attended the same session as you (we will do this on an anonymous basis and shall not disclose your name or details to any other attendee)
Please note: to prevent any spread of infection, until further notice, toys, mats, blankets and any other equipment usually provided by Do It Like a Mother will not be available for use. All items MUST be provided by clients and appropriate cleaning must be undertaken.
Our COVID-19 specific risk assessment and cleaning audit documents are available should you wish to see them. This policy will be updated as new information and national guidelines are issued.
Disclaimer: This policy is intended to provide general guidance onlyo