Newborn Sleep Workshop
Join this newborn sleep workshop to find out the best ways to set some fantastic sleep foundations for your newborn. Find out about the importance of wake windows and the science behind infant sleep
£20 per person – book here
Run by certified gently sleep consultant Vickie Gordon.
Vickie is a professionally trained Sleep Nanny ® consultant and qualified Nanny with over 20 years’ experience. Vickie is also mum to boy girl twins.
Perfect for expectant and new parents!
The workshop will cover:
- Sleep environment and safe sleep – how having the correct type of sleep environment can support your baby’s sleep and how best to achieve this. Find out about co-sleeping and which sleep aids Vickie would recommend. Top tips on how to have your little ones sleep environment as safe as possible and ways to reduce the risk of S.I.D.S.
- Sleep cues – What are sleep cues? How following your newborn’s innate basic routine in the early weeks can help improve your little ones’ sleep.
- Self-settling – what is self-settling? Why can some baby’s do it and others can’t. What role does your child’s temperament play in learning to self-settle. How to encourage your little one to self-settle with lots of responsive parent support. What is a sleep crutch and how does it affect your babies sleep.
- Overtiredness & wakeful windows – learning about your little one’s sleepy signs and getting the nap time right for their needs. What is the difference between tired and overtired.
- The science behind your baby’s sleep and the importance of sleep.
- Sleep shaping – what is it and how can you use it to gently set your child up for positive sleep habits.
Sleep Nanny® Consultants use the most gentle, evidence-based and effective approaches to sleep.